Environmentally friendly and safe vegetable production
- Promote safe, fresh, year-round vegetable supply through organization and demonstration of model urban, peri-urban vegetable production systems.
- Assemble and document experience of innovative homegardners and Application of innovative technologies for vegetable production in the home gardens.
- Identifying emerging issues in vegetable production and consumption in the home garden
(e.g. knowledge based vegetable production, biological vegetable crop production and protection, science based hydroponics production, contamination aspects, growing pesticide free vegetables etc.)
- Promote re-cycling of household wastes and waste water
- Developing full package of practices for Safe & Healthy vegetables.